Dame Zaha Hadid, the world-renowned architect, whose designs include the London Olympic Aquatic Centre, has died last week aged 65. The renowned British designer, who was the first woman to receive the Royal Institue of British Architects (RIBA) gold medal, had a heart attack on Thursday while in hospital in Miami, where she was being treated for bronchitis.
Hadid’s buildings have been commissioned around the world. She is a great source of inspirations for many designers, especially women architects. We pay tribute to this visionary architect by looking at some of her top projects.
1. The Heydar Aliyev Centre, Baku
2. The Serpentine Sackler Gallery, London
3. Quangzhou Opera House, China
4. Galaxy Soho, Beijing
5. Zaragoza Bridge Parvillion
6. The London Aquatics Centre for 2012 Olympic Games
7. Al Wakrah Stadium for FIFA World Cup
– The Guardian
– Zaha Hadid Architects