Specifying acoustic products: Tips for specifiers
- Be aware that sound, like water, will find the weakest point through. Therefore, voids in ceilings and ducts need to be addressed.
- Understand the needs of the space. Is it going to be a space for collaboration and communication, or a space for concentration or even creativity?
- Understand that sound travels through any medium, not just air. Structure- borne sound needs to be addressed separately to airborne sound.
- Good sound attenuation relies on density and airtightness.
- Consider allowing background sound into meeting rooms to provide masking and privacy for room-to-room attenuation.
- Sound absorption needs to be considered alongside sound insulation.
- Employ a competent professional acoustic consultant. Your Decor Systems consultant will be delighted to assist you with this.