This community facility features the following Decor Systems products:
- DecorSlat acoustic timber panels.
- DecorZen perforated timber panels
- DecorEagle continuous grooved acoustic panels.
The Decor Systems consultants worked closely with Bollig Design to meet the following challenges and criteria for this project:
- An NRC rating in excess of 0.70 was required to meet the acoustic challenges.
- Impact resistance was critical, hence panels that could absorb the ‘knocks’ of basketballs were required.
- A tight construction schedule.
- Budgetary requirements.
The innovative team at Decor Systems were able to fulfil all these requirements. Custom coloured SmartLook laminate finishes were used to save costs (considerable cheaper than 2-pac polyurethane finishes) without compromising the acoustic or aesthetic features. The Production Crew at Team Decor worked right through the Christmas and New Year period ensuring on-time delivery and full compliance with all the design and construction specifications.
Of particular note are the custom-designed DecorSlat panels which achieved the curved feature look that adds a touch of style and panache to the space.