We look at 12 amazing hotel lobbies around the world that immediately entice their guests the first minute they arrive at the hotel.
1. Me Dubai Hotel: Due to open in 2016, designed by the London-based starchitect Zaha Hadid, Me Dubai features a vast, sinuous lobby, is set to offer visitors to Dubai a futuristic break from the norm.
Me Hotel, Dubai
2. Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve: Rows of gently flickering candles, lit up at 6pm every night, surrounding the Welcome Pavillion of this hotel, immediately creating a mystical and romantic ambience for hotel guests.
Ritz Carlton Reserves, Phulay Bay, Thailand
3. Hotel Icon, Hong Kong: The lobby of Hotel Icon hosts Asia’s largest indoor vertical garden. French botanist and artist Patrick Blanc designed the feature, which measures 18 metres in height and covers 230 square metres.
Hotel Icon, Hong Kong
4. Four Season George V Hotel, Paris: The main attraction of this famous luxury hotel is their bountiful and continually refreshed floral displays that decorate the space
Four Seasons George V, Paris
5. Veranda Chiangmai, Thailand
An open-air lobby reception that instantly delivers the promise of a relaxing and rejuvenating escape to their visitors.
Veranda ChiangMai, Thailand
6. Me London Hotel: Designed by Norman Foster, the lobby is a stellar hollow pyramid of marble – charcoal-black outside, ash-grey inside – that soars 100ft upwards to a distant triangle of natural light.
Me Hotel, London
7. JW Marriott Chicago: A lavish lobby features Italian marble and hand-blown chandelier, designed by DiLeonardo and Lucien Lagrange Architects
JW Marriot, Chicago
8. Andaz Maui at Wailea
A theatrical style, seamlessly blending it with the magical atmosphere of Hawai
Andaz Maui, Hawaii
9. The Langham Hotel, Sydney: Voted as one in the top 100 world-hotels of 2015, the lobby of the Langham boasts luxury, relaxed comfort with a refined style.
The Langham Hotel, Sydney
It’s a playroom. It’s a coffeehouse. It’s a library. Nope, it’s just the citizenM’s unconventional lobby. The split-personality space, conceived to feel like a cozy living room, is colorful, eclectic and laid back.
CitizenM Hotel, New York
11. Conrad New York: The spacious hotel lobby exhibits spectacular artwork, including the remarkable 15-story-high, blue-and-purple Sol LeWitt Loopy Doopy mural.
Conrad Hotel, New York
12. Four Points by Sheraton Hotel, Sydney: Designed by Bates Smart, we expect the refurbished interiors of Four Points by Sheraton lobby, to be unveiled in 2016, will be a hospitable space for guests to arrive, with sandstone blade walls and architectural voids, creating a strong visual connection between the hotel lobby on the ground floor and the convention facility above.
We cannot wait for the unveil of Four Points by Sheraton also because Vogl, the acoustic perforated plasterboard product by Decor Systems, is installed extensively throughout the new hotel. Watch this space!
Four Points by Sheraton, Sydney – source: Bates Smart