As part of Decor Systems Australia ongoing commitment to our planet, we are delighted to announce we have subscribed to the BinTrim programme.
The BinTrim initative is a NSW government assessment that analyses all of our waste and recycling processes and will formulate a strategy that will increase our capacity to recycle our waste, with the added benefits of reducing emissions, fossil fuel usage and simultaneously lowering costs.
Incorporated into Decor’s BinTrim mission are:
- Choose products with less packaging and purchase raw materials in bulk to minimise packaging.
- Plan ahead and avoid waste by matching raw material quantities to batch sizes.
- Educate and involve all staff in waste minimisation projects with rewards for new and creative approaches.
- Regularly review causes of ‘off-spec’ product and adjust systems and processes to minimise these occurrences.
- Establish ‘take back’ loops with suppliers such as packaging waste, product, which is faulty, or at the end of its useful life.
- Minimise product residue in packaging by removing more raw materials.
- Evaluate product design and manufacturing processes to find ways to avoid producing prescribed industrial waste.
- Investigate whether your waste could be used as a resource elsewhere and find opportunities for reuse.
- Share recycling resources with other businesses in your community to reduce cost.
Reducing waste is good for business – it reduces costs, saves time, builds staff morale and demonstrates our company’s commitment to the long-tern sustainability of the planet. Generating less waste also saves valuable water, energy and raw materials.